Fashion Cat: Michael Kors Fulton Moc Flats Review

Monday, July 6, 2015


About a month ago, my old pair of flats started getting old and battered up from constantly running in the rain and traveling through different terrain (I thank Portland rain and Hawaiian hikes) with them. I had been on the lookout for a pair of brown leather flats that were fashionable, work appropriate, and affordable as I go through flats rather quickly. I decided to upgrade a bit and try out the Michael Kors Fulton Moc leather flats in luggage and wanted to do a review of them after having worn them daily for about a month.

Pros:


Affordability- I bought my pair from Macys and the great thing about that are the sales that pop up ever so often. Normally a pair of these flats costs $99 but Macys has sales where you can buy them for as low as $75 (and probably even lower on clearance). The design is simple and is pretty much a more affordable alternative to the Tory Burch ballet flat which runs around the low $200s for a pair.

Work Appropriate- This pair of flats is completely work appropriate since it has a conservative and simple look. You cannot go wrong with purchasing a pair in brown and black for work. I have received compliments from strangers about these shoes.

Comfortable- This has probably been the most comfortable pair of flats I have owned and I think it’s because there is a fair amount of cushion on the bottom of the shoe. I also haven’t truly suffered trying to break into these shoes. They were comfortable from all angles since I first slipped them on and I have not had to deal with blisters ever since.

Flexible- The sole of the shoe is actually pebbled, as in the sole is broken up into smaller squares instead of just one normal sole lining the bottom of the shoe. Paired with the leather material, this makes it more flexible and comfortable as the shoes can bend in many different directions without putting strain on the sole like other shoes. 


Cons:

The back side of the shoes easily scuff

Soles are Tiny- One thing concern I had was how long this pair of flats was going to last. Upon first glance, it is a nice pair of shoes. However I also realized that the bottom soles were tiny and probably wouldn’t last very long if worn every day. After walking around in them for a day, I noticed that parts of the leather on the bottom side of the shoe were already scuffed since the sole did not adequately support the leather bottom high enough off the floor. 

Scuff marks on the front underside

Easily Scuffs- I am a clumsy person by nature and have left a good number of scuff marks on these shoes since wearing them a month ago. These shoes will scuff very easily which is not great. Most of my scuff marks were on the underside of the shoe which made it less visible but if wearing leather flats I would have assumed the quality to be more durable. The shoes come in 2 types of leather, one being a softer leather and the other being a harder, saffiano leather. The one I own is on the softer side and is more susceptible to scuffing. I'm hoping the saffiano leather is more durable but I haven't purchased a pair to test out yet.


Overall, for flats they work pretty well. I use them for work and they are comfortable and stylish. My only reservation would be the tiny soles on the bottom of the shoes as I don’t think they’ll last me more than a few months in the summer and definitely not in the rainy season come fall/winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment