Phoenix, Arizona: The Internship and the Life

Tuesday, July 9, 2013


Life is sometimes crazy, especially when you're a 20 something with no clear view of where you maybe headed in the next 5-10 years. That is the reason I decided to start this blog. Consider it a celebration of life and of all the random events to come (namely the random places I somehow get myself into).
I will gladly start with the first post demonstrating this. As a graduate student headed towards the summer, I had no idea what my plans were. Little did I know... I was going to be interning at Honeywell Aerospace in Phoenix, Arizona. I have heard endless warnings of the things that were to come before my arrival here. Turns out everyone in Los Angeles was wrong. It's a pretty sweet life here. It is hard to complain when you are shacked up in a luxury apartment with a resort-style pool, and the only responsibilities you have are to get to work five days a week. After work, the only thing to do is to relax by the pool, take a dip in the jacuzzi, and then play some beach volleyball in an actual sand court. To make the deal even better, all of the out of state interns are in the same complex so there are ample opportunities to meet and get to know everyone in the program. I honestly could not have imagined a better internship than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment