Classic Brown Summer Sandals

Friday, May 29, 2015


I have an absolute weakness for classic brown leather sandals and had been on the hunt for one ever since my last pair tore apart in Hawaii. The search hadn't been an easy one as I am extremely picky when it comes to shoes. Luckily I found one last weekend while we made a stopover at the Mulberry store and I wandered into a pair of their Lizzie flat sandals in Oak Vachetta.
I'm a sucker for all things timeless so I immediately fell in love after trying them on. The clearance price (an additional 40% off the sale price!) totally did me in and I bought it in an instant!

As I was traveling through Los Angeles for the weekend, I didn't have many outfit choices to pair them up with and wanted something more casual compared to my office wear. Here I've paired my new sandals with a pair of leather jeans, military jacket, tank top, and a few accessories.





The sandals have a snug fit which is fine as the leather should stretch out over time with wear. However breaking them in has been a little tough since one of the straps seems to sink right into the left edge of one of my feet. The construction is very sturdy with high quality Italian leather and the best part about this pair of sandals is that the clasp is not held by a cheap elastic band commonly seen on most sandals. My last pair of sandals broke when the elastic band that hooks onto the clasp snapped apart. However that will not be an issue at all with these as the clasp is attached to the leather.

Overall they look great and I am excited about all the outfits I can pair them up with (that means more outfit posts to come!). The fact that they're flat sandals means they will look more casual but will also be easier on the feet for longer walks. Timeless brown leather sandals like these are a definitely a go-to pair of shoes for the summer.

Outfit Details:
| Shoes- Mulberry Lizzie flat sandals | Jeans- Hudson | Jacket- Banana Republic | Top- USC (from the University of Southern California student store, Fight On!!) | Necklace- Mikimoto | Purse- Prada | Sunglasses- Ann Taylor Loft |