Fashion Cat: Summer-Ready Skirt and Dress Finds

Thursday, June 25, 2015


Summer is the ideal time to bring out all the skirts and dresses from your closet or buy new ones. Recently, I've been looking for more colorful skirts and dresses to spice up my wardrobe and purchased a few good ones from Ann Taylor Loft. As they are having an additional 40% off your entire purchase, it's as good of a time to make additions to the closet.



| Skirt - Ann Taylor Loft Eyelet Skirt |



I had been keeping an eye out for eyelet skirts in bright colors and found this neon yellow one. Skirts like these are great for dressing up a little in the summers or spring and add a nice pop of color to outfits. As this one is on the shorter side, it probably would not work for the office. Here I tried on a 00 petite size and it seems to run smaller than their normal skirts. For a more casual look, I've paired this skirt with a dark grey tank top. To dress it up, I recommend a more structured top and heels. 




My absolute favorite find of the day would have to be this maxi dress. At first glance, I fell in love the color and floral pattern. Unfortunately they did not have this size in petites anymore and I had to try an XS regular which surprisingly turned out well. It was a bit on the looser side but it is definitely easier to get away with buying maxi dresses that are slightly oversized as it's supposed to be loose. The length of the dress is a bit longer than I'd like since it drags on the floor. However it should be fine with heels. Another option would be to shorten the bottom and maybe take in the sides a bit if the dress feels too big. 

No comments:

Post a Comment