Striped Dress for Spring

Wednesday, May 27, 2015


Spring is here which means pretty dresses galore! Since I started working, I have been trying to get the most out of my outfits by buying items that can go with both work and play. Earlier in the season I found a striped dress that works as a tea dress and work dress.




The black and white colors make it more on the conservative side but the shape also brings it out of the rigid/structured corporate side. It hits me just above the knees which is ideal for petites (and the office) and the fit was just perfect off the rack. The waist starts at the right spot for me and it felt as if this dress was tailored. As this dress has horizontal stripes, it's always important to check that it does not make you look wider. I think the wide horizontals made this the least of my concerns and helps break out the monotony of a single colored dress. As a plus, placing the black horizontal right above the waist adds a bit more to the shape of the dress and gives me an illusion of a curvier shape. On colder spring days, I tend to pair this up with a scarf (plus the office is cold). 

Outfit Details:
| Dress- Ann Taylor | Scarf- Nordstrom | Shoes- Ann Taylor |

No comments:

Post a Comment