Delsey Chatelet Luggage Review

Tuesday, August 18, 2015


Awhile back I had been on the lookout for a new carry-on luggage as my old one started to wear down from weekly travel. I initially wanted something classic and timeless but sturdy. Beyond that it had to meet my thousands of other unlikely expectations such as stylish and functional.

When I started my search, it was quite a disappointment. I don’t know about you guys, but have you ever noticed that most luggage come in horrific designs and colors? I’m sure bright magenta carry-ons are well received and frequently purchased. Or if they look nice they seem to like to rattle as if they’re on their last legs. After perusing through luggage after luggage, I first thought I would go with a carry-on I found from DVF. I found it to be stylish and functional until I tried pulling it around the store and noticed the handles were wobbly and continued searching.


After what seemed like an endless search, I settled on buying the Chatelet 19” Spinner Trolley from Delsey which is a great alternative to the DVF carry-on. The design is similar but there are major differences in the quality of the carry-ons. The DVF carry-on feels very plastic and light while the Delsey seems to have a denser and more durable construction (made of polycarbonate). The handles are thick and comfortably wrapped. There is also a side handle which makes it useful for carrying sideways instead of rolling it or for throwing onto the overhead compartment of a plane.

A comparison of the inside of both luggage is also vastly different in quality. The inside of the DVF also seems thinner while the interior of the Delsey luggage is made of a thicker lining. The zippers are also on the heavy duty side and have a nice faux leather that covers the ends. The Delsey carry-on comes with a hanger and some dust bags which are perfect for storing shoes or old laundry when on the go.




I have received many compliments from strangers and co-workers while traveling with this bag and have been asked several times about the brand and where to purchase it. Overall this has been my favorite luggage by far in terms of style and quality and is a great alternative for those who may like the style of the DVF carryon but question the quality and durability of it.

DVF carry-on: here
Delsey carry-on: here

No comments:

Post a Comment