Dressing Room Trials: Finds at Ann Taylor Loft

Sunday, August 23, 2015


My apologies for not posting much recently. I've been catching up with work and final project deliverables so my posts have been more sporadic. This past weekend I finally had the chance to stop by Ann Taylor Loft (or just to get out of the office, really) and scope out some deals. Here were some of my favorite picks I'd like to share with you all:


I loved the light, airy material of this skirt and it pairs well with tank tops or plain tees for a casual summer/warm weather type of look. The length hits just above the knee which is ideal for petites.


This is an absolute great dress for both work and play. As it hits just above the knees, it can be office appropriate when paired with a cardigan or a blazer for something a little more dressed up. To update this dress from desk to dinner, I recommend pairing a dress like this with neutral colored pumps and a small crossbody bag for a classic look. The soft, sweater-like feel of this material along with the neutral color would make it comfy and wearable during winters with booties, leggings, and a warm jacket. Unfortunately this dress was a size too big on me so I had to part with it. It’s especially noticeable around the chest area where the darts were placed.


I haven’t had too many tries with longer rompers but found this one to fit quite well in the petite sizing. I tried on an XXSP and the proportions worked out pretty well. A piece like this would work well with minimalistic heels, such as black strappy heels to offset the wide legs which normally make the legs look shorter. I also recommend a large floppy hat to tie the outfit together. A big plus for this romper is that there’s a button placed in between the upper part where the 2 layers of fabric cross to create the tank top, preventing any wardrobe malfunctions from happening. The material seemed sturdy and breathable, making it a good choice for resort/vacation wear.


A shift dress like this would be a great option for date nights and cocktail parties. There is a key hole on the top of the dress and the back has some extra fabric that creates a curtain effect from the top down to the bottom. Of course the only available sizes were too big for me but if it were taken in a few inches and the armholes were shrunken it would totally work.

Ann Taylor Loft is having a flash sale going on right now for an additional 50% off the sales and regular prices so I highly encourage you guys to check it out! What were some of your favorite finds?