Fashion Cat: Summer Office Whites and Stripes

Tuesday, June 30, 2015


Summer is another season to mix up the office wardrobe. On days when I do not feel like dressing up formally, I try to tone it down for summer yet still keep it work appropriate. One outfit I have found that works wonders is pairing a flowy white tank top with a striped pencil skirt.

I found this white tank top from Ann Taylor Loft in XXS Petite and it has become a closet staple ever since. I can work it into my office wear and casual wear, making this top extremely versatile. It’s loose and flowy, which is great for warmer weather and consists of 2 layers to reduce see-through tank top syndrome. However as it is a white colored top, colorful and dark bras will still show through so make sure to double check that the layers beneath are not showing before leaving the house.


The striped skirt is also from Ann Taylor but purchased awhile back and has the base of a basic pencil skirt with decorative blue and white horizontal stripes. The lighter coloring and classic design make it a great addition for both spring and summer wardrobe. I purchased this skirt in the smallest available size at the time (0 Petite) and will need to tailor it since it’s still loose on me.




Overall, this outfit is work appropriate for warmer days and more casual days. If wearing for work I recommend throwing on a light blazer or cardigan if working in a more conservative environment. The top and skirt combo alone works well for casual occasions such as dining with friends or summer get-togethers.

Outfit Details:
| Pencil Skirt- Ann Taylor | Top- Ann Taylor Loft | Heels- Ann Taylor | Belt- J. Crew | Necklace- Mikimoto |

No comments:

Post a Comment