Fashion Cat: Office Summer Office Wear with a Tahari Dress Shirt

Sunday, June 28, 2015


Summer is always a challenge, especially when it comes to dressing up for the office. Depending on where you live, it may be hot or humid which makes commuting to work and not look like you’ve ran a marathon impossible at times. Despite the hot weather, I still have to dress up as I work in a corporate environment. However I’ve found a way to mediate dressing up and keeping cool with a dress shirt I found from Tahari.



I found this dress shirt at Nordstrom Rack recently and tried on an XS. It fit wonderfully and was possibly the best dress shirt I have ever found off the rack. Being small and having a tiny waist always makes buying traditional office clothes a challenge. All of the dress shirts I have found till now always made me look boxy and obviously too tiny for the fit. Besides a slimmer waist, the shoulders fit proportionally so I didn’t feel as if the top portion was too small or tight.



A few things I love about this top that make it warm-weather appropriate are the three-quarter sleeve and thin material. The shorter sleeves and the thinner (yet still pretty good quality) material give me a bit more breathing room yet it doesn’t make everything see-through. There isn’t a collar on this shirt and instead, the edges are lined with lace, giving it a more feminine look. I paired this dress shirt up with a classic grey pencil skirt and it is office ready!



What are your summer office tricks for looking good yet keeping cool?

Outfit Details:
| Pencil Skirt- Express | Top- Tahari | Heels- Ann Taylor | Purse- Prada |

No comments:

Post a Comment