Tops and Pearl Pendant Necklaces

Monday, May 25, 2015


I have never personally owned a real pearl my entire life. That is, until Ben returned from his Japan trip with a surprise for me. He bought me a Mikimoto pearl pendant necklace that I instantly fell in love with!
The design of the butterfly in the necklace is made of two hearts joined towards the center with a pearl hanging from one of the flaps of the butterfly. It is versatile enough that it seemed to perfectly match my work and going out outfits for spring and summer. Today I will show you how I've styled this simple, yet elegant necklace.

Peal drop pendants give off a dainty, conservative look that is perfect for casual days out or days at the office. Unlike full pearl necklaces, these can be worn everyday without looking overdressed. They may look small, but they help give off a sophisticated, polished look. Pearl pendants are great for petites as it isn't overwhelming on outfits. Larger pearl necklaces, although fun to wear, can easily engulf the entire outfit if not worn properly.



Although simple in design, this Mikimoto pearl pendant adds another dimension to basic clothes such as a v neck sweater or top. For colder days, I like to throw on a cashmere v neck sweater with a pearl pendant necklace and on warmer days I prefer a simple fluttery tank top. Pearl pendant necklaces can be designed simply enough that it matches most outfits, making it an easy go-to choice for accessorizing.

Do you have a favorite versatile necklace? What outfits do you pair them with? I would definitely like to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment