Spring Additions to Add to Your Wardrobe

Friday, May 22, 2015


The spring weather is in full gear as the flowers are blooming and the days become longer. During this time of the year, I usually struggle to figure out what additions would help add a touch of spring or summer flair to my drab, wintery-themed office wardrobe.
Being a young professional who works 50 to 60 hours a week, I am always living in my office wear no matter how much I long for the days of short shorts, tank tops, and sunglasses. However office wear doesn’t need to be plain and boring throughout the year. Here are some suggestions on mixing up your office clothes to look a little trendier yet still look professional at the office:


·         White Tank Top- A well-designed, fluttery white tank top is a great addition to the closet for spring as it can be worn for both work and play. For work, I recommend wearing a white tank top with office skirts. Just make sure the tank top is not super tight and see-through (two big office no-no’s). The pictured tank top above is from Ann Taylor that I bought on clearance for $20!


·         Colorful or Floral Skirts- Spring and summer are the perfect two seasons to either bring out the floral skirts or start a new collection of floral skirts. For office wear, Banana Republic and Ann Taylor have some great picks around this time of the year. My favorite include springy pencil skirts that can be worn either at the office or at nice gatherings.


·         Military Anorak- This is more of a recent discovery for me but I started pairing up my blander or formal-looking outfits with a military jacket to bring it down a notch. Since the military jacket trend came back, there are a lot of choices to choose from. My favorite one so far is one I found at the Banana Republic Factory Store last year. To my astonishment they even have it in petite sizing but it still runs rather big.

·         Colorful Purse- Spring and summer means all the colorful purses will come out to play. A colorful purse can give an outfit that pop of color, especially if your outfit is just composed of neutrals. I personally love purses in between a neutral and spring color which is difficult to find. For occasions calling for a colorful purse, I always reach for my Prada saffiano tote in Argilla. I loved the color ever since I first saw it and the grey with lavender-ish undertones really makes this purse fit for all the seasons.

Outfit Details:
| Top- Ann Taylor Loft | Skirt- Ann Taylor | Wedges- Ann Taylor | Jacket- Banana Republic | Necklace- Mikimoto |