Fashion Cat: Little Black Dress and Pearls

Monday, July 27, 2015


When you're not in the mood to compose outfits to wear to work for the week but still want to look pretty darn good, it helps to stick to something basic. This week I went with more simple outfits but still wanted to keep it stylish. Here's where the little black dress comes to the rescue.

I paired my Theory Betty sheath dress with a pearl choker necklace and cardigan. Just like that, I am good to go! In general, dresses are much simpler to style for work since it is in one piece. Adding the right type of jewelry to a dress is really what can make or break an outfit. In this case, I used a faux pearl necklace that I found at Nordstrom Rack for $10. Despite the necklace being cheap, there is a good weight and shine to it, making it better quality than other faux pearl necklaces I have seen. The same brand also has a longer faux pearl necklace that can be used to wrap around and make layers, which I also purchased at the time.



As my dress is black and I do work in a more conservative environment, I went with a neutral colored cardigan. I bought this cardigan awhile back when Express had their sales and it went down to roughly $20. The cardigan is a mix of white, grey and black with beaded details along the cuffs of the arms. The front is open with no zippers or buttons, which is great for pairing with necklaces so everyone can see the dress and necklace details underneath.


Outfit Details:
| Dress- Theory | Cardigan- Express | Necklace- 14th & Union | Heels- Ann Taylor |

No comments:

Post a Comment