Santa Cruz, California: Wine Tasting in the Santa Cruz Mountains

Monday, May 18, 2015


As spring is rolling in and the weather became warmer, I finally had the chance to go wine tasting with some friends over the weekend in the south bay. We headed to several wineries in the Santa Cruz mountains- Loma Prieta, MJA vineyards, and Byington.
Before this I've only gone wine tasting either in Napa or Bordeaux, France while studying abroad. Each place has been very different and I must say, the south bay area also has some pretty good wines. Each winery we went to had wine flights (about 5-6 glasses) for $10 a person, which is way cheaper than what we've paid for in Napa. Some of these tastings come with food. At most of these wineries, tasters also get their tasting fee refunded if they buy a bottle of wine.


The sunshine, warm weather, and excellent views of the mountains from the quaint wineries made it a great occasion wear my perforated A-line dress that I recently purchased at J. Crew. Despite being not petite in height (I'm about 5' 5"), I still find it very difficult to find clothes that fit me in proportion and surprisingly this dress was very petite-friendly in a size 00. To give my entire outfit a more classic look, I paired up this black dress with neutral colored wedges, a faux pearl necklace, and a fedora.


In fact we all dressed up for the fun of it and enjoyed our day of sipping on wine, eating cheese, throwing oversized chess pieces at each other, and playing bocce ball.





Outfit Details:
Cathy: | Dress- J. Crew | Shoes- Johnston & Murphy | Hat- randomly purchased at a market in Greece | Necklace- Nordstrom Rack | Purse- Prada | Sunglasses- Ann Taylor Loft |

Charlotte: | Dress- Line and Dot | Shoes- Steve Madden | Necklace- Lucky Brand |

Tommy: | Hat- Nordstrom | Vest- Express | Shirt- Express | Pants- Express | Shoes- Aldo |