Fashion Cat: Theory Lanai Blazer

Thursday, July 23, 2015


One of the toughest challenges of being petite and working in a corporate environment is finding office clothes that won't make you look like a 5 year old playing dress-up from your mother's closet. In my experience, most of the clothes I had originally bought when I started internships in college and beyond were too boxy and roomy for me. Despite some of my dress shirts being XS in size, it seemed like I could fit 1.5 of me in there. I have been on the lookout for classic office wear that actually fits without tailoring.
Brand after brand, I had faced many disappointments but I am happy to report that I finally found a blazer that fits just right!

I tried on the Lanai blazer from Theory in 00 awhile back and absolutely fell in love with it! Of course the $375 price tag made me rethink this purchase and so recently while shopping around, I wandered back to the same blazer and found the last one in my size on sale for about $180. I immediately snagged this amazing piece as it will be an office staple.


This blazer has a slim cut with no lapels nor buttons, unlike traditional blazers. Instead there is an open front with peaked detail. However the lack of lapels seem to fit better for petite frames as well as give it a modern, edgier look. The outer material is a nice virgin wool and elastane combination with an overwhelming majority of it being virgin wool (96%) while the inner lining is 100% polyester.


I've worn this blazer to work with a pair of black Sloan Ankle pants from Banana Republic, a top, and pair of flats to create a complete suit ensemble. For those who may not be petite, Theory also has this blazer in a large range of sizes so definitely give it a try in-store!

Are there other blazers you have found that perfectly fit petite frames? If so, I'd love to hear about it!

Outfit Details:
| Blazer- Theory Lanai Blazer in black | Pants- Banana Republic Sloan Ankle Pants | Flats- Michael Kors Fulton Moc Flats | Tote- Michael Kors Jet Set Travel Tote |